Tuesday, March 30, 2010

6th OB Appointment (28w1d)

I had my 28 week OB appointment this morning (including the glucose screen - finally! - the drink wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to taste, especially since I had left it in the fridge for a few nights) and we had a bit of a scare. My OB (Dr. Chasity Edwards) originally thought I was at 24 weeks, so she told me I was measuring perfectly. However, after she checked my chart, she realized I'm actually at 28 weeks. So, since I was measuring behind, she sent me for a growth ultrasound at my MFM's office. As of now, things seem ok - Murtle could just be on the small side (15th percentile), possibly due to my genetics, but we won't know for sure until the next ultrasound when they can see if she remains in that percentile or ends up in an even smaller one. Luckily, everything seems to be ok anatomically and my fluid level is good, so hopefully she's just going to be a small baby. Easier to push out, right? It was great to see Murtle again - while she didn't seem all that active (the time we went for the ultrasound is her nap time, I think), it was wonderful to see and hear her heart beat and we managed to see her drinking a bit, too!

So, now I "graduate" to OB appointments every two weeks (and start non-stress tests soon), but will also need to see the MFM every 3-4 weeks to make sure Murtle continues to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment