Thursday, July 14, 2011

Come On Mort!

Hoping to re-coop my IOTO success with Murtle, a friend of mine suggested to name the new embaby I transferred yesterday, "Mort" -- as in "Mortoise the Tortoise." I think the name is perfect!

So, Mort was successfully transferred yesterday (Wednesday) at about 7:45 am. The only information I got prior to his transfer was that he contained 6-cells and was fragmented. I was able to get a picture of him to compare to Murtle's pre-transfer picture and I'll try to post both here. Dr. Sacks said that he was pretty clear, but contained just two cells on Tuesday morning. Once he expanded to 6-cells, he became fragmented, but Dr. Sacks didn't give me a percentage or grading quality. He simply told me that in his experience, cell growth has proven to be a better indicator of success than fragmentation. But that didn't give me much re-assurance considering Murtle had reached 9-cells by the time of transfer. So hopefully Mort's fragmentation percentage isn't too high and he will keep on growing and dividing now that he's back with mommy. During my "nesting" yesterday, I found Murtle's embryologist report. She had 25% fragmentation and was graded as a "2", with "1" being the highest score. There was another category that had been graded as "perfect." I think it had something to do with the cell shape. If that's what it was, Mort's looked better than Murtle's. Regardless, I need to stop trying to compare the two and just hope for the best. I thought this 2WW would be easier for me this time than it was for Murtle, but it's already going very, very slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment