Thursday, May 6, 2010

8th OB Appointment (33w3d) and Non-Stress Test

I had my 8th OB appointment and NST this morning at my OB's Annapolis office. Today's OB, Dr. Margaret Keith (very nice doctor, but she seemed so young), was satisfied with the results of the NST test and even told me that future ones are no longer necessary since my MFM reported that everything from my follow-up growth ultrasound was A-OK.

As for the check-up itself, I learned that I'm holding steady at a 7 pound weight gain. Dr. Keith told me that she would like to see me put on more weight, but I believe Murtle is growing just fine since I've been feeling her move pretty regularly and since my uterus measured 32 cms. Plus, it's hard to gain weight when I just really do not have much of an appetite for anything and since I continue to experience fleeting moments of nausea. Dr. Keith wrote a referral for me to have one more follow-up growth ultrasound with the MFM in two or three weeks. I didn't object, of course! Maybe we'll get some good pictures of Murtle next time. We didn't get any pictures last time because she was facing my spine and the technician could not get a good view of her face.

Oh, and it's a good thing I'm up on my medical issues because I do not have much faith in my OB's practice. I understand how things can fall through the cracks because you never see the same doctor very often since it's a rotating group practice, but why should I as the patient have to remind them of things? I asked Dr. Keith how my TSH was and she said it should have been tested when I had my glucose screening done. She checked my record and learned that it actually had not been checked then, so she set me up to have it tested today. She then told me that I will have the Group B Strep (GBS) test done at my next appointment in two weeks. I told her that I didn't think I needed that since they found that I already had it and she said, "oh, you're right." This lack of attention to detail makes me nervous, but encourages me to simply be more vigilant about my care.

No comments:

Post a Comment