Monday, August 3, 2009

IVF # 1 - SD4 (CD3) Bloodwork and Ultrasound - Still in the Game

I went to the Rockville Shady Grove office yesterday at 11:00 am for my first IVF monitoring follow-up appointment. I must say that everyone's comments regarding the Rockville office staff are spot-on. Each of the staff with whom I interacted was very nice. The office was very busy, but considering it is the only office that is open after 9:00 am on the weekends, that is to be expected.

I was surprised to find that the damn cyst was still there. I really thought that it would have dissipated by now. However, I was pleased to see that I had three small follies on my right ovary! My RE's goal is to get between three to six eggs, so we're on our way. I'm hoping that a follie or two is hiding behind the cyst on my left ovary and that maybe another two or three follies will pop up on my right side. However, even if I only have those three follies, I will try to stay optimistic that they are good ones and contain good eggs. My E2 level was 211, which seemed to be on the high side considering I only have those three tiny follies, but maybe the cyst is producing some of that still. I'm hopeful that maybe it's on the higher side because I have some other follies that we weren't able to see. High hopes, right?!

The RE who reviewed my results (not my RE) wanted me to continue taking the same dosages of my stims and not change a thing. I also view this as a positive sign that my body is responding appropriately. Next check-up - tomorrow morning back at my Annapolis office!

No comments:

Post a Comment