Tuesday, August 4, 2009

IVF # 1 - SD6 (CD5) - Spoke Too Soon......

Well, it looks like this cycle could be a bust. There was no growth in those three unmeasurable follies on my right and my cyst has gotten bigger. I KNEW they should have aspirated it regardless of my e2 level after the double-dose of BCPs - it seems like it's gobbling up the meds.

Now maybe I shouldn't jump the gun because I do need to wait for my bloodwork results, so I'm not positive if they're going to cancel me or not. I would assume they would because the cyst is growing. If that damn thing wasn't there, I would want to continue to push forward (considering I'm a poor responder), but I really do think that that's the culprit. This just steams me SO much more that they didn't have my TSH under control last month b/c I had no cysts and things were perfect. Grr. And I can't cycle now until MAYBE October because of scheduling conflicts. Double Grr. I feel like I'm truly runing out of time.

---------------
Update: I just got a call from one of the nurses (well, I think she was a nurse - I never had heard of her before) - I take my meds tonight and tomorrow morning and then go back in again tomorrow morning. They want a doctor to see me so he can get a better "eye-ball" of what to do. My E2 was 325. I really wish they wouldn't keep drawing this out, or at least explain their rationale as to why I have to keep going. The only thing I can do at this point is wait and see what tomorrow's ultrasound reveals and what an RE has to say.

3 comments:

  1. ugh. big hug to you. sorry that you are going through this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried wheatgrass? I heard it's good for high FSH and good for infertility in general. I'm going to go out and buy some today, I just hope I can find a place that sells it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn - Thanks so much.

    Christa - I haven't tried it, but I have heard lots of great things about it. I've heard that Whol*e Foo*ds sells it, so you might be able to find it there. Let me know what you think of it!

    ReplyDelete