Monday, November 2, 2009

Beautiful Beating Heart!

Well, it's official -- I'm really pregnant after all! I was pretty doubtful these past few days since I hadn't been feeling any nausea or any symptoms that indicated that I was truly pregnant. Well, lo and behold, Murtle pleasantly surprised me again because today's ultrasound showed that she was safe, sound and snuggled inside my uterus. She measured 8 mm and her heartbeat was beautifully beating at 122 bpm. What a surreal experience to hear that little heartbeat, especially when I only had hoped to see a heartbeat today. Dr. Sacks said that things look good so far - Murtle's on track size wise (I'm 7w0d today) and any heartbeat above 100 bpm at this point indicates a healthy pregnancy.

As for the next steps, I need to stay on my suppositories for two more weeks - thank goodness I'll finally be done with those soon and I need to schedule an appointment with a perinatologist who will perform the the first trimester scan in about four weeks. I think that I will truly relax after receiving those results, but in the meantime, I will bask in the glow of having seen and heard that precious little heartbeat.

1 comment: