Friday, October 23, 2009

Final Beta - 22dp3dt

Well, so far I think I'm still on track. But I do need to stop researching beta numbers. I'm still pregnant. My fourth beta came in at 3493 at 25 DPO (22DP3DT). However, my doubling time is slowing down - it's now 85.16. This is the first time that it's below 48 hours. I should relax, though, because I have read that as pregnancies progress, the doubling times do slow down and the numbers double every 2-3 days. Three days would still be 72 hours, though. Hmmm. I guess I can't fully relax until the first ultrasound next Monday. In the meantime, I will try to go about my business and enjoy each day as it unfolds. I'm still not feeling any kind of pregnancy symptoms, but considering I'm just 5w4d today, I really shouldn't expect them to kick into gear until 6 or 7 weeks. In the meantime, I will have faith that Murtle was meant to be and I will remain as optimistic as possible!

-------------------------------------------------------

My nurse continues to remain optimistic and I just found this very helpful information that supports her optimism:

"A single HCG value doesn't give enough information about the health or viability of the pregnancy. Within the first 2-4 weeks after fertilization, HCG usually doubles every 48-72 hours. That usually corresponds to HCG levels below 1200 IU. From 1200-6000, the HCG usually takes 72-96 hours to double. Above 6000 IU, the hCG often takes over four days to double. So, the rate of increase in HCG levels normally varies as a pregnancy progresses. Normal HCG values vary up to 20 times between different pregnancies, however, and an HCG that does not double every two to three days does not necessarily indicate a problem with the pregnancy. Some normal pregnancies will have quite low levels of HCG, and result in perfect babies."

WHEW!!

3 comments:

  1. you are doing great, now remember your last post.....now you will relax :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. step away from goog.le - now! ha ha! so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, first off congrats on your pregnancy!! I'm so happy I came across your blog. I'm 28 years old & was just told I have high fsh and that the chances of me conceiving are slim to none. My fsh level (was only tested once) is 27. My current RE has never done any ultrasounds on me either. I've been trying to remain hopeful, but it's so hard.

    If you wouldn't mind, I'd love it if you could e-mail me so I could chat with you more. I'd greatly appreciate it.

    Here's my e-mail
    Kramsay81@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete