Friday, October 16, 2009

I'm Really Pregnant!!!

Yes, I know that I received my beta on Tuesday telling me that I was pregnant, but I think I was more nervous about yesterday's beta because I didn't know if Murtle was going to continue to thrive and grow. I should have known better than to doubt her! My second beta came in at 268 yesterday!!!

When I got the call from CFA and both Naidra and Emily were on the phone again, I figured they had good news for me. (There is no way two nurses would want to get on the phone to deliver bad news...they'd probably flip a coin to see who had to do that). Anyway, Naidra delivered my beta number and said that my first OB (!) ultrasound should be scheduled for sometime during my sixth week. Since I may be out of town then, I asked if I could schedule it for the Friday before that week. She said that I could, but cautioned that I may not be able to see a heartbeat by then. Emily then advised that I come in just for another beta that day to give me peace of mind that everything was progressing smoothly and then to schedule the OB ultrasound sometime during my seventh week. So, I'm going to do that.

When I told Emily that I realize that I won't be out of the woods for the first 12 weeks, she reassured me by saying that while miscarriages can happen, my beta number and rise was so strong (in addition to the fact that I haven't even spotted a drop) that she feels pretty confident about my chances of having a successful pregnancy and is looking forward to getting baby pictures from us! I asked her how Dr. Sacks felt about my results and she said that he had been doing dances. I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually true!

Speaking of Dr. Sacks - when I was in the upstairs waiting room to get my blood drawn yesterday morning, he was in the receptionist's area and saw me sitting in the waiting room. He popped out to see me and simply said something like, "pretty neat, huh?" I obviously agreed and he said that he'd wait to see what yesterday's beta was going to bring. I told him that I was going to keep my fingers crossed and he said that he was keeping everything crossed. He then asked how my DH was feeling. By him just taking those five minutes to pop out to see me made me feel so good.

Anyway, my next step is to return for a follow-up beta next Friday, have my first ultrasound (where I will hopefully get to see a heartbeat) at six weeks and then return to CFA for my final OB ultrasound at eight weeks (at which point my husband and I should be able to hear the heartbeat). If all still looks well, I then get to graduate to an OB!

I'm sure that there will be many questions and things for my husband and I to learn over these next few weeks and months, but I'm looking forward to each day!

3 comments:

  1. you ARE pregnant! GO Murtle! isn't that neat? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - amazing! Congrats & thanks for giving the rest of us hope. Grow Murtle Grow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete