Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hope is a scary thing

For the first time since we've started TTC, I actually feel hopeful that I could be pregnant. But then I read the stats -- there's a 25% chance that my embryo will implant. And then I do research -- I haven't found much information on 9-cell embryos becoming real live babies. And then I pee on sticks -- all negatives since Sunday, 6 days past egg retrieval (yes, I know - waaay too early to determine anything). And then I feel "symptoms" -- but attribute them to progesterone. And then I remember I'm old -- or at least have old eggs. And so my thoughts continue.

However, I started this blog because not only did I want to have a record of my journey to having my family, but since I was so convinced when I started that I'll be a mother one day, I wanted to share my success story to others who feel hopeless when they learn they are part of the high FSH club.

So, in honor of providing hope and support to others and in the event that I see a + on a pee stick at some point, here are the "symptoms" I've experienced so far:

5DPO - 8 DPO: Typical AF / Intestinal Cramping and Tender (.)(.)

6DPO: Minor Acne Breakout

7DPO: Backache

9 DPO: Minor Dizzy Spell / Different type of "Cramping" - I felt a different type of sensation - It felt almost as though I had done some lower ab work the day or two prior, but I have not exercised in ages.

So that's it for now. I got excited about yesterday's cramps because they felt different and different could be good! But they have not made a repeat performance today and my temperature continues to be in line with my temperatures from previous BFN cycles at this point in my luteal phase. The only difference is that instead of going "up / down / up / down" during this time period, my temperatures have been really close together starting at 7 DPO.

So, I will continue on and hope for the best until AF shows and / or the beta results are in.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get a BFP in a few days. I do not think you are old as I am 39. It is all relative. All I can say it stop saying your too old b/c every negative thought creeps in.
    Today as I sat at my daughter's dance class waiting for my AF, I sat next to a new lady who shared her entire life story. She is now 50 and could not get pregnant in her 30's and she did every procedure except IVF multiple times and then finally gave up to adopt. And she was all set to adopt and ended up pregnant at 41 and then again at 42 and then again at 46. WTF. So it can happen.

    My story, easy 1st pregnancy at 33 (34 when I delivered DD), then 3 miscarriages at age 36 (3 in 6 months) then a second successful pregnancy at 37 wth DS. Now we have been TTC since Jan 09 without success and high FSH. Wonderful. I am doing acupuncture and herbs. I am going to start yoga and modify my diet in the next month. We shall see.

    Please keep us posted with your results. Throwing sticky baby dust your way.

    ReplyDelete