Thursday, June 17, 2010

13th OB Appointment (39w3d)

We're getting closer! Today's appointment with Dr. Edwards went well. At first my blood pressure was super high and they were going to send me to the hospital, but since the nurses and I were chatting during it, they re-tested it and it was fine. My uterus went back up to 36 cm (from 32 last week) and I gained about 1/2 pound. I was not dilated, but my cervix was soft, which is one sign that my body could be preparing for labor. Dr. Edwards did say that she will have to schedule me for an induction if nothing is happening by my next appointment. If I could get her to deliver, I will feel better about the whole process, but I would rather not be induced. Once my due date comes around, I will be trying whatever I can to get Murtle to come naturally before that induction date! Oh, and Murtle's heart beat seems to be decreasing (now it's in the 130 range), which I believe is normal prior to delivery. So, we'll see if I make it to next Tuesday's appointment, which will be one day after Murtle's due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment