Wednesday, April 29, 2009

IUI # 2

I had my second IUI yesterday and the procedure itself went well. We got 4 million swimmers again post-wash, but I feel that this IUI was timed better since I feel as though I ovulated yesterday afternoon after the IUI. Dr. McKeeby, the only RE in SG's Annapolis office that I had not yet met, performed the IUI. I liked him. He seemed nice enough and explained that they like to have 5 or 6 million swimmers, but didn't seem overly concerned with just having 4 million ones. He was also very quick and gentle - I could barely feel a thing during the IUI and it took less time than a sonogram takes. Although I only produced one follicle this time, I feel much more relaxed and more hopeful about this cycle. I will try to be as patient as possible in waiting for my BFP - whether that's after this 2WW period, after the next one, or several years down the road. While a child will probably enrich our lives, life truly is good right now and I should cherish the moments we share as a couple without children.

I return to SG on May 12th for my Beta. However, I will take a HPT on the 11th. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment