Monday, June 8, 2009

Gearing up for IVF # 1!

Well, I decided to take matters into my own hands to check on the insurance status. Good thing I did b/c they hadn't even opened a case number on me yet b/c apparently they didn't have my doctor in the system! And some paperwork fell through the cracks, too! I asked them if they had the clinic's name in the system and lo and behold they found it! Ugh! However, the good news is is that I spoke w/ a wonderful case manager who told me that it would be approved as long as my insurance policy had some rider in it. She went ahead and looked up my informatoin to see if I had the rider and I do, so basically I'm approved!!! Something interesting to note was that they don't even go by that two year wait period anymore! If our policy has the rider for the 3 IVFs, they will approve it! So I could have started w/ IVF a while ago! Hindsight is 20/20.

I will be on the Ganirelix Acetate Protocol. I'm happy that they're going to start me on that. My research shows that this is an Antagonist Protocol that is used for poor responders. I started BCPs on Saturday and will take those (and baby aspirin) for 21 days. I will return to the RE's office on June 27th for a baseline appointment (ultraound, E2, P4 and the required Beta) and then start stims on June 30th. I will have my specific protocol information at that time. If all looks good during my baseline appointment, my tentative ER date will be July 12th! I'm so excited to start this IVF cycle b/c I'd really like to see how my body stims. I'm hoping and praying for 3-6 mature eggs! I know that if we can get that many for me, I will have a good chance of getting pregnant with my own eggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment