Monday, December 21, 2009

An Early Christmas Present!

I just received the results from my first trimester screening:

My age related risk prior to screening for Down's was 1 in 164. After the screening, my risk is actually 1 in 3261!!!!

My age related risk prior to screening for Trisomy 13 and 18 was 1 in 295. After the screening, my risk is actually 1 in 4561!!!!

What a relief. I am so thankful that things are progressing so well (other than the constant nausea and lack of any sort of appetite). My husband and I have truly been so incredibly blessed thus far and I couldn't be more appreciative of all of the blessings that have been bestowed upon us.

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! So happy for you...an inspiration story for the rest of us. Merry Christmas and continued blessings in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very very happy for you!! Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news! Merry Christmas! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! I am so glad your pregnancy is going well! I finally got a chance to check back in with you today, I have had a busy time since my last comment (11/12/09). I am now 12DPET and still have 5 more days to go until my beta (thanks Christmas!!!). Going back and reading your posts somehow has reduced my random panic attacks that are clearly a result of PITS (love that acronym, well put).

    Although I have never met you, but I have a strong feeling that you are going to be (already are) are great Mom! Still keeping you in my prayers...

    BOB (Babies On the Brain)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies!

    BOB - Just wanted to check in to see how things are going (fingers crossed).....I hope you got the best Christmas news ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All is well! Both BETA were perfect and I am officially expecting!

    Between the morning sickness and EXTREME fatigue I have been hanging in there.

    Thanks for checking in an your hopes for the best!

    BOB

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOB - YAY!!!! Congratulations!!! Hang in there w/ the PG symptoms - at the very least, they're a sign of reassurance that you're going to have a strong PG. For the nausea, just find what you can to relieve it. For me, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit, fruit. Everything else turned my stomach. Hard candy helped too, though, and was good to have in a pinch. Otherwise, rest up and relax and enjoy being preggers!!

    ReplyDelete