Thursday, December 10, 2009

First Trimester Screening - 12w3d

Wow. I may actually be able to start to "relax" about this pregnancy now. My husband and I just got back from the first trimester screening at the MFM's office. The initial results are that Murtle is looking good so far! She's measuring 12w1d (just two days behind, but that's normal and considered to be right on target) and her heartbeat was beating away at 154 bpm. (I keep saying "her" now because the tech asked if we wanted to know the sex since she was able to take a preliminary guess (but told us not to hold her to this)). We got to see the precious little head and two arms and two legs, and it appeared as though her organs were inside her body. Every once in a while she would do a little stretch or move around a bit, but for the most part, she was just happily a-chillin' (even despite my upped intake of orange juice this morning to give her a boost). The NT measurement was 1.3, which is considered to be within normal limits. We still have to wait for the bloodwork results, but considering the measurement was ok, I have faith that bloodwork results will come back A-OK, too. The anatomy scan will be in seven weeks, but I am feeling really good about things now -- finally!!

1 comment:

  1. so happy to hear that things are going well!! and can't wait until your anatomy scan :) it is the most amazing thing. In my readings, I have found that the techs are right about 50% of the time this early....but it is still nice to imagine :)

    ReplyDelete