Monday, June 13, 2011

As Suspected...

I had a cyst (well, I actually have TWO large cysts on my left ovary) during today's CD2 baseline appointment. And go figure that I had a few antral follicles on my right, clear ovary. I really wish I had been monitored a bit more closely last cycle (or at least gotten some feedback when I told Dr. Sacks that I tend to ovulate early) because I truly believe that was a rare cycle in which things were coming together so nicely and likely would have produced at least one good egg. It is not a good sign that Dr. Sacks asked me today what my schedule is like. This can only mean that if there's no scheduling timetable, he may take the slow route to get these cysts to shrink and then we just start all over again. Unless Dr. Sacks does shake things up a bit (but I don't know how much shaking he can do when I have two cysts), I bet he puts me on BCPs to shrink these cysts - or we wait until I ovulate and go on the estrace again. There really aren't that many other options at this point.

I just got my bloodwork call. The cysts were producing E2 (344), so Dr. Sacks actually just wants me to sit out for a month and come back on my next CD2. I'm surprised that he's not even going to try anything to shrink these cysts like he (and my former RE) prescribed in the past. I'm starting to feel a bit more deflated now that we missed my ovulation last month when things were looking promising. The kicker for me is that this cycle's FSH was AMAZING - 2.2! Go figure I have such a low FSH on a cycle where I can't do a darn thing about it.

2 comments:

  1. I am SOO mad at your RE!!! He definately should have been monitoring you more closely, especially after you already told him you ovulate early! And then to not even want to shrink the cysts so you can get moving again? Uggg!!! I am so sorry you have to wait longer. I hope those cysts are shrinking and you can move on with a clear baseline next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Blossom! I'm feeling much better about things today as you can tell from today's post!

    ReplyDelete