Thursday, June 30, 2011

EPP Deja Vu - SD1 (CD2)

I had my CD2 baseline appointment today. The ultrasound showed no cysts (!) and 2 antral follicles on each ovary (!). The bloodwork also looked "terrific." E2 - 184; P4 - .30, LH - 1.10 and FSH - 4.7. Don't get too excited about the low FSH - it's supposed to be lower because I have been estrogen priming for the past eight nights. The only concern I have is this cycle appears to be an exact replica of my last EPP attempt. The CD I got AF would have been CD 18 (same as last time), I didn't have any cysts on baseline, my lining was fine and my E2 was 187. So, we'll see if I respond. Dr. Sacks decided to try a low-stim approach this time, though - he lowered my nightly dose of Follistim from 450 ius to 150 ius and kept my Menopur the same at 150 ius. I continue to take the Estrace two times a day. My first check-up to see if I'm responding will be on Tuesday...after five nights of stims. I must say that I'm feeling good about this cycle, though. I think I must feel that way, though, because I've made the decision this will likely be my last attempt. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment