Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Riding the Roller Coaster of Infertility

My hopes for going to egg retrieval were very short-lived. I got a rather disappointing bloodwork call today telling me that my LH was surging, so it was likely ovulation was imminent (if it hadn't happened already). I should have given myself that Ganirelix shot yesterday! Amy (the nice nurse) told me that even if we had gotten the results back yesterday, it still probably would have been too late (but I'm still doubtful about that). She asked if my husband and I had gotten any action in (my words, not hers) and I had to laugh inwardly knowing it would have been futile even if we had.

Dr. Sacks still wants to see me tomorrow - I guess to see if I've ovulated (doesn't this sound familiar?). And I have a strong suspicion that when I do get AF in about two weeks and go in for a baseline appointment, there will be cysts. These follies were too small to actually ovulate anything and based on my history, all facts point to cysts ahead. Dr. Sacks is going to have to get really creative for my next cycle. I'm a bit peeved about missing a potential egg retrieval this time. I had a lot of faith in these three follies that appeared semi-naturally. I had emailed Dr. Sacks last week telling him that I tend to ovulate early. He never responded to that email, so I assumed that he wasn't too worried about it. My guess is is that he's not going to be too concerned about missing an IVF opportunity this cycle since his intention was probably just to monitor my body and see what it does without any meds. But considering an opportunity arose for a decent egg retrieval, I feel as though he should have monitored me more closely (especially since I armed him with some information about my cycles). So now I'm back to feeling blase about going in for tomorrow's appointment.

1 comment:

  1. I am so frustrated for you!!! I know how you feel and I would have been so mad for missing an opportunitly like this as well. It is one thing when your RE doesn't know what kind of cycles you have, but when you actually tell them and they ignore it, that is unexcusable. I hope you get a clear baseline and can start again soon!

    ReplyDelete