Friday, March 27, 2009

Gearing Up for IUI # 2

Well, DH and I decided that we will start another IUI w/ injectibles cycle, so I will go in for my CD3 U/S baseline appointment tomorrow (Saturday).

On the SMA front, I did learn today that I have one copy of the SMN 1 gene, so it appears as though I could be a carrier of SMA. I will ask the nurse for a script for DH to get tested for this - if he is not a carrier of this, then we have nothing to worry about. If he is also a carrier, then we might have to have some CVS testing when I do get pregnant. The way we look at it, people are getting pregnant all of the time and a very, very small percentage gets tested for genetic disorders. Many couples have healthy children. So, at this point, it's not like this news will stop us from trying to have kids. So we're willing to take our chances and leave things up to God. Considering all of this other intervention we're doing to have a family, I probably should just let some things go and trust that things will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment