Friday, March 6, 2009

IUI # 1 - CD6 Bloodwork and Ultrasound

I had my CD6 follow-up appointment today. My first follow-up for this whole process! I had three follicles on my right ovary - 16, 12, and one unmeasurable one and none on my left ovary. My lining was 7.7. I had my e2 and LH tested this time and should get those results, as well as any possible changes to my Follistim doses, later this afternoon. I go back on Sunday - CD8 - for another monitoring appointment.

I know I've been complaining about how my RE's office treats its patients lately, but I actually had a very pleasant experience today. The receptionist who greeted me was warm and friendly. And the ultrasound tech I had today was WONDERFUL. She actually said, "Hello, my name is Kelly" and then told me that I was on CD6 and was there in preparation for my first IUI. Of course, I already knew this, but I appreciated her warm and personal introduction. She also explained that she was looking to see if my follicles had grown (in number and size) and told me that she could not measure follies under 10. She was so very nice. I wish all of the staff there could be like that. Unfortunately for me, she is in nursing school, so she does not work there very often and will most likely be leaving the practice soon. Hopefully I will get my BFP this cycle, so it will be a moot point.

No comments:

Post a Comment