Tuesday, May 10, 2011

CD3 Baseline Check-Up

I started spotting on Friday, May 6th, so I set up my baseline appointment for Sunday, May 8th -- Mother's Day. :-) Since I've gone into this cycle thinking only positive thoughts that the Estrogen Priming Protocol is going to be a successful one for me, I had a feeling that I wouldn't have any cysts...which I didn't! However, I don't know if I had any antral follicles -- I can't make out anything on that ultrasound screen - it looked pretty blank to me. Dr. Sacks just reported to my nurse that my right and left ovaries looked fine, clear, ok or something like that. I tried to ask about the antral follicles, but I don't think I was direct enough -- Dr. Sacks just basically affirmed my question that there is a potential for follicles. There is always potential, though...I just don't know if this baseline looked any more promising than my others, antral follicle-wise. Time will tell, but hopefully won't tell me too soon. I'd like to have another "be the turtle; slow, but steady" stimming phase. My E2 was 178 (or 187). That's higher than my past cycles, but that is probably due to me being on estrace for 9 days. I got the clear to start stimming that Sunday evening (450 Follistim / 150 Menopur) and was advised to continue taking the estrace 2x/day. I return tomorrow (Wednesday) for just bloodwork. I assume I'll then return on Friday for my first ultrasound...which is the appointment that I'm really excited about.

As a side note - I've spent the last two days trying to get my meds. Since I have a new insurance plan, I have to go through different hoops to get them...and this time I'm not as fortunate as when I was with my previous company in that the meds (and IVF procedures) are only covered at 50%. I understand how fortunate I am to even get that type of coverage, but it puts more pressure on us for this cycle to be a success. It's a good thing I still have some meds left over from my last IVF cycle or else I may not have been able to start this cycle!

1 comment: