Wednesday, May 11, 2011

IVF # 3 - Stim Day 3

This morning's bloodwork results are in - after two nights of stimming, my E2 is 193 (it was 187 on Sunday). I've been reading that estrogen levels tend to drop at first during an EPP cycle, so I was happy with the slight increase. I feared that there was going to be a much bigger jump that signified a lead follie had formed. This slight increase helps me keep the faith that I actually do have a few follies forming!

So, things are progressing well aside from a few minor issues: 1) I still don't have my meds and 2) I haven't been very happy with the staff at my RE's office. I think that had they been on the top of their game, I wouldn't be dealing with this insurance complication. My nurse has not been very attentive to little details, e.g., 1) I told her that I had wanted to be on Endometrin three times and yet she still ordered Prometrium for me and 2) I just get the feeling that she's not very compassionate and that she's just bothered by her patients. I miss Emily and Naidra from IVF # 1. They really helped to make things go a lot more smoothly - IVF patients have enough to worry about as it is and having a helpful, responsive nursing staff can really take a big load off of our shoulders. Whatever happened to showing compassion and paying attention to details? That seems to be few and far between among RE's nursing staff. If it wasn't for my strong appreciation for and confidence in Dr. Sacks, I would consider switching clinics.

No comments:

Post a Comment