Tuesday, May 17, 2011

IVF # 3 - Stim Day 10 - That's a Wrap

Well, today's appointment did not go well. There was only one unmeasurable follicle on the right and maybe a few unmeasurable ones on the left. My E2 went down to 214 (from 251 on SD8). Since Dr. Sacks wants to cancel this cycle, I will stop taking all medications. He wants me to return next Tuesday for another ultrasound and bloodwork appointment. I suppose he wants to see if I've ovulated by then and if I have, I'll start this dog and pony show all over again. I really don't know if I should keep this up, though. My body has not shown that it will respond to any amounts of medications, nor estrogen priming. Not only that, but I think the estrogen and stims have taken a much greater toll on my body and state of mind this time around. I don't want to keep doing this to my body and possibly put my future health at risk.

I feel so incredibly blessed that we already have one beautiful and amazing daughter, so I should just count my blessings and call it a day. I think that all of the stars aligned and we simply lucked out with IVF # 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment