Monday, May 2, 2011

IOTO x 2?

It's time to embark on a quest for another bundle of joy. Considering I'm an only child and my husband has only one sibling (not to mention the fact that we're older parents), we really want Kaitlyn to have a sibling. I actually went through an unsuccesful IVF attempt in November. We tried the same protocol as IVF # 1. Since my response to that cycle was similiar with IVF # 1 (however with markedly more disappointing results*), I asked my RE if we could try the Estrogen Priming Protocol this time. (During my initial consultation with my RE, he told me that was the protocol that he wanted to put me on since he found that EPP worked best for poor responders, but since I had already started the Ganirelix protocol with my former RE, we decided to just go with that one and see what happened). My RE was open to trying the EPP protocol, so here is where things stand today:

CD3 Bloodwork: FSH (10.7) (YAY); E2 (52); P4 (.20); LH (2.0); Lining (8)
CD3 Ultrasound: OK (No Antral Follicles Reported)

I was scheduled to return to my RE's office on CD15 to confirm ovluation. Ovulation was confirmed (according to my CBEFM, I ovulated on CD11), so I started estradiol pills (2 mg / 2x/day) on CD16. Unlike most EPPs I've been reading about, mine doesn't include adding Ganirelix prior to getting my next bleed / AF. My next step is to call my RE's office once I get the bleed / AF and we go from there. Stay tuned! We're hoping for another IOTO success story, if we are so blessed! I'm inclined to think that we simply got lucky with Murtle, so if attempt # 3 works, I will be incredibly surprised and wonder why in the world we have been able to be blessed twice.

*IVF # 2 Stats (Ganirelix Protocol):
9/29/10 (CD2) - Started BCPs - FSH was 6.6!
10/25/10 (SD1) - Started Follistim (450) and Menopur (150)
11/1/10 (SD7) - Added Ganirelix
11/3/10 (SD9) - Triggered (E2 - 561) - 2 follies on R (15 and 24 (cyst?) and 1 follie on L (20)
11/4/10 - E2 dropped to 560
11/5/10 - ER - 1 Egg Retrieved (Again)
11/8/10 - ET - 1 Embryo Transferred (7 cells, 50% fragmentation)
11/20/10 - Beta - BFN

No comments:

Post a Comment