Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Lesson in Patience - The Cyst Saga Continues

Well my cyst is still there - it actually grew a bit to 35mm. So, I have to wait for my bloodwork results, but it looks like I'll either have to stay on the double dose of BCPs (which is doubtful considering the cyst didn't get any smaller) or will have to have is aspirated. After they do that, I can start stimming right away, so that's actually good news.

What I'm even more thrilled about is that Shady Grove really seems to have stepped up things in the TLC department. It seems as though they've done a complete 180 in providing personalized attention and showing genunine compassion and empathy. Maybe this change is due to the fact that (in my opinion) they weren't monitoring me closely enough along the way and feel bad about that so now they know they need to pay closer attention to me. Whatever the reason, I'm happy with the way things are going now and I will let bygones be bygones. Joyce, the morning nurse on duty, looked as though she wanted to hug me when I came in to meet with her after she found out that my cyst was still there. She told me that she and my nurse Dana had actually been talking about me yesterday and saying how I just couldn't catch a break. After I had checked-out, she actually called me over to her office again and told me that things WILL work out. So that was comforting. Whether they will or not, I appreciated her confidence in my situation.

So, it's back to the waiting game for me for now. If they do decide to aspirate the cyst, Shady Grove might be able to get me in to their Rockville office (the only office that does the aspirations) either tomorrow or Friday. Believe it or not, I'm actually feeling more hopeful about things again because there's a good chance that this cycle may not be a bust, after all.

1 comment:

  1. That's great if they can get you in by the end of week! Keep your head up chickie!

    ReplyDelete