Thursday, July 16, 2009

Possible Good News, Yet Losing Some Hope

I got my TSH re-test/additional test results back last Friday. My TSH was a 1.530!!! Here are my other results:

T4: 11.4 (normal levels are 4.5 - 12.)
Antithyrodlobulin Ab was < 20 (normal levels are 0-40)
Thyroglobulin: 7.7 (normal levels are 0.5 - 55)

My question is this - if my TSH level came down that much after just being on the medication for two weeks, does that mean that I'm now in danger of having HYPERthyrodisim? LOL. If it's not one thing, it's something else. While I'm trying to stay as positive as I can about being able to start the IVF process, considering all of the obstacles I've faced so far, until that day actually comes, it will be hard to believe that I made it there.

Regarding acupuncture, as much as I have truly enjoyed my past two appointments (last Tuesday's appointment was simply heavenly), I think I'm going to postpone any more until after my IVF cycle if it results in a BFN. $95/session is too expensive for us right now and the impression I'm getting from my acupuncturist is that he can help me more if he does acu for me in conjunction w/ herbs (which I won't be able to do while stimming). So, I plan on taking a good three month break IF my IVF cycle doesn't work. During that time, I will go whole hog w/ the acu and herbs and see if I can get a natural BFP while my body is not all whacked out on meds and artificial manipulation.

As for how I'm feeling as I'm gearing up for yet another baseline appointment on Saturday, I'm starting to lose a bit of hope. I'm not really feeling confident that I actually will be able to cycle again. My cycles typically are about 23 days. These birth control pills (BCPs) have artificially put my body on a 28 day cycle and I have a feeling that my body wants to stick to the shorter cycle (I've been experiencing cramps during times that I shouldn't be experiencing them and I feel like I was having PMS symptoms last week meaning that I should get AF this week (but can't because of the BCPs); therefore, my body won't respond to the stims the way that other ladies who experience regular cycles do. Considering I have been on BCPs for two cycles, I also have a nagging feeling that I will be too repressed or I may have even developed cysts. At this point, I really have absolutely no confidence in my RE at all. Why does Shady Grove put everyone on 21 days of birth control pills prior to their assigned protocols? If my cycles are shorter than other women's cycles and my follies probably start to develop even before I get AF, wouldn't being on 21 days of BCPs confuse my body even more? I'll be especially upset if I can't proceed with this next cycle because he didn't do anything to address my high TSH level prior to when I was supposed to start last cycle. I didn't have any cysts and my other blood levels were good to go, so last cycle could have been my successful one. I really have a feeling that my RE has no clue as to what he's doing. Maybe I'm mistaken and judging unfairly, but he has given me no indication that he knows what he's doing. A phone call to alleviate any of my fears and misguided assumptions would be greatly welcomed, but we all know that won't happen since when has my Shady Grove office ever taken the iniative to show that they care or know what they're doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment