Thursday, September 10, 2009

Decision Affirmed

Ack! I'm so excited! Earlier today I got a call from my insurance company giving me the official authorization to transfer clinics. Shortly thereafter, I received an e-mail from the financial person at Columbia Fertility Associates ("CFA") confirming that same information. Then, the main (I think) IVF nurse (Emily) from Dr. Sack's office called to tell me that she already had a schedule for me and that I was was on their calendar (provided all systems are go on Saturday, which I am fully prepared for them not to be in light of those possible new cysts). Emily also wanted to touch base with me about ordering meds (which I don't need because I have so much left over from these past two IVF attempts). CFA uses the same terrific pharmacy that SG uses, so that will be an easy transition if I do need anything. Emily then explained a little bit about how things are structured and work at CFA. It was nice to hear some information about their clinic (and without me having to ask all of the questions). However, I did ask approximately how many IVF patients Dr. Sacks is seeing during this cycle time and she said about 10-15. I almost dropped the phone when I heard that number. I KNOW that I'm going to get more personalized attention now! I love this place already - it's so much more suited to my needs. I'd like to emphasize that I still think that SG is a terrific place for most women who are TTC and I don't have many regrets about going there. It just has not been the right place for me up at this point in my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment