Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tough Decision Made

Dr. Sacks keeps surprising me. He actually emailed me today (in response to an email I had sent to the receptionist (I presume) yesterday afternoon asking her to pass along my thanks for yesterday's consultation and questions regarding when I would be able to cycle if a cyst developed on my right side this time. He provided me with two possible scenarios: Return for another U/S on Saturday and 1) if the follicles are still small, discountinue the BCP and start stims on September 17th, with an estimated ER the week of September 28th; or 2) if my ovaries do not look good, stop the BCPs and monitor the next natural cycle to start estrogen priming. Considering how stubborn my body has been (and considering I never want to start stims again w/ any type of a cyst), I have a feeling that I would have to go w/ scenario 2 - which would likely put my IVF off until November! While it would kill me to continue to wait, after discussing things over w/ my sensible, rational DH, we decided that the wait could be worth it, since I feel that this RE could be better suited for my needs. So, provided that the insurance transition will be seamless, it looks like we will proceed with Dr. Sacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment