Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Maybe I really am old...

Making it to your first IVF can be so exciting - I was so hopeful that my body would prove my high FSH and low antral follicle count wrong by producing as many eggs as a 20-year old can. Sometimes I feel like I'm 20 - I'm strong, healthy, and happy and feel like my whole life is still ahead of me. Then reality comes and slaps you in the face...

After eight nights of stims, this morning's U/S showed just two measurable follies on my right (a 16, 14 and possibly another unmeasurable one) and a few (maybe 2 or 3) unmeasurable ones on my left that probably won't grow. I started my Ganirelix this morning right after my appointment. My next appointment will be on Friday.

---------------------------

I received my bloodwork update. My E2 is 401 and my lining measured 8.0 mm, so I will press full steam ahead with the same dose of medication, but with adding one thingy of Ganirelix into the mix each AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment