Saturday, September 12, 2009

A New Beginning

Although it took my DH and I almost an hour and a half to get to Dr. Sacks' office (thank you, construction), my appointment went smoothly. CFA has a nice, friendly vibe, so I felt right at ease. So much that I even struck up a conversation with another lady who was waiting for her egg transfer. She is 42 and is undergoing IVF # 3. She had only good things to say about her RE, Dr. Rifka, Dr. Sacks, and CFA. That spoke volumes about the practice to me, especially since she had not gotten her BFP yet. She told me that she had four embryos this time that she was hoping to transfer. I hope this is it for her! She told me that CFA had a lot of older women, which comforted me even more. While we were waiting, Dr. Sacks himself followed another couple out of the surgical suite and into the waiting room to tell the four ladies in waiting that he was hoping to get to everyone soon and that he promised he was working. I overheard another lady say, "I love Dr. Sacks."

I and another patient were then shortly called back into our respective rooms and I got ready for my ultrasound. Dr. Sacks arrived within five minutes and since I knew that the other lady was waiting for Dr. Sacks to do her ET, I just let him do his thing for my sono and didn't keep him. (A nurse named Patricia was with him (I assumed that was Pat Hagan based on things I read about Dr. Sacks and CFA) and she seemed very nice, as well).

The bottom line is that I may be able to start stimming on Thursday. I still have a follicle (notice I'm not saying it's a cyst) on my right ovary, but it did get smaller. My left ovary that gave me all of the trouble these past few months is still free and clear. So, I don't have to take any more BCPs and I return on Thursday to hopefully get the official green light to begin stims that night. I'm guardely optimistic right now - While I'm surprised that it looks like I will get to start (meaning an estimated ER date during the week of September 28th - yikes!), I'm a bit worried that the follicle (which is about 11 units) will become an active cyst. My fear is that I'll start stims, only to be cancelled again a few days later, since that follicle will suck up all of the medication. However, I am prepared for that outcome, so if that happens, I'll be ok and just wait until the start of my next cycle to start fresh with a true estrogen priming protocol. For now, I'm trying to be as relaxed and patient as possible. I won't obsess about follie numbers or sizes or blood levels. At this point, I have no reason not to have the utmost confidence in Dr. Sacks, so I will trust and let go. Here's to a new beginning!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Another one bites the dust...in a GOOD way! I'm so glad you found my blog so you knew about Dr. Sacks. He is the kind of doctor that everyone deserves. Smart, caring and considerate. I'm his number one STAN!

    ReplyDelete